Friday, October 7, 2011

Booger, beach, birthday and first time mom freak-out

  It has been a while since I have written, but we sure have been busy.  McKenna has officially turned one! She has now said goodbye to her baby days and hello to toddlerhood.  Booger is now running circles around us and she took those skills to the beach on our vacation in September.  I wish you all could have seen her, she loved it! She was fearless when it came to the water and the waves.  Part of me wishes she had a little more fear, just for safety, but it was great to see that she has an adventurous side that is hard to daunt. The salt did not seem to bother her as she ran into the water and splashed around. We had such a good time just watching her as she explored her new world.  We were there for a few days and when we got back we prepared for McKenna's first birthday party! It was an owl-themed party, Look Hooos One, and it was so much fun to decorate and plan.  We had it at McKenna's Memaw and Baw Baw's house and i think McKenna had a blast. Booger was so blessed by family and friends and she really loved her cake!  I have plenty of pictures I will be posting of this event!  Well now that you are caught up on the past few weeks I have to post about my latest scare with the booger.  Last Friday I took McKenna to the doctor because she had been running a fever of about 102 since Thursday, and while I could get it down I couldn't get it to break.  Knowing how prone to strep she is (four times before she was 1) I decided to take her to the doctor the next day.  Well we found out that day that she did not have strep but a virus, which meant fluids, rest (how do you get a super active toddler to rest I ask you?!) and motrin for the fever. So Saturday came and we just spent the day at home pumping fluids and giving motrin for the fever which was decreasing.  By Saturday night Mckenna was feeling much better and her fever was down to about 100.  On Sunday we decided to take Mckenna to her cousins' rodeo since she was doing much better.  She made a little friend there as you will see by the pictures and had a great time looking at the horseys! Well that brings us to Monday, the day i decided to do my grocery shopping and take McKenna with me since her fever had broken and she was feeling so much better.  So there we were at Kroger going up and down the aisles just taking our time, when McKenna starts to get really fussy, this is really unlike her, especially in the grocery store because she normally likes the whole experience. Well the next thing I know, booger is scratching her head, pulling her hair and crying uncontrollably.  As soon as I pick her up I notice a rash on her face and on her scalp.  So trying not to show how scared I was I quickly push my cart to checkout, pay for the groceries I got and rush to the car.  I call her doctor and they tell me just to bring her on to the office. So we get there and as soon as the doctor sees her he says, Roseola.  Which come to find out is a virus that has a high fever, when the fever breaks a rash will form.  Good to know.  So we got some medicine for the itching and are now good as new.  Thank Goodness. Oh the things I am learning as McKenna's mommy!  
       Oh and in other news the munchkin now says Hot!, points to herself when you ask where is McKenna?, and she really understands the word Go.  As a warning if you are near McKenna and happen to say the word go or ask her if she wants to go, you need to be prepared that she will run to the door in anticipation of getting to go.  If this does not happen she will usually be reduced to tears and get quite upset. 

Pics of her latest adventures:




Did not really like her hat!

She makes this face, thanks to her daddy

Too Cute!

Ready to ride the horses!

Her first little cowboy friend!

He liked her a lot!

They had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment